Welcome to the Dark Horse.
This bar has been built from the ground up by friends, family, and my own hands. Our goal has been to create a space that is welcoming and relaxed, with the highest level of both drinks and service you will find in any bar anywhere in the world.
The menu is compiled of local products and ingredients wherever possible. We use many English wines, liqueurs and spirits, and all of our beers are from the South-West. All fruit and herbs are from as close to Bath as possible, and many are actually foraged from the lush and bountiful hills that surround this fine city.
Our artwork was created by Chris Hopewell of Jacknife Studios in Bristol. The aprons handmade by Bristol designer Mishi May. Most of the artwork on the walls were made by friends, such as Mishka Westell’s ‘Heartless Bastards’ prints. Our website was built by Salad Creative in Dorset, who also designed the drinks menus. Our sound system was built by Naim in Wiltshire. The furniture was either sourced from antique dealers in Bath, or built by artisan carpenter, Luke Saxton and myself. All the timber was sourced from Oscar Windebank & Sons in Box, just outside Bath. This whole project has been a complete labour of love and I do hope you enjoy it here.
Many thanks for visiting The Dark Horse. Do come again soon.
The Whisky Social
The Whisky Social @ Blackbird combines an in-depth masterclass with a laid-back social environment in which to enjoy great Whiskies. The first Wednesday each month will see a guest speaker and a bespoke menu of drinks by the Dark Horse team.
- February 6th, 2019 £25 Whisky Social - Bruichladdich Distillery w/Abi Clephane
- March 6th, 2019 £25 Whisky Social - Port Askaig w/Katy Kennedy
- April 3rd, 2019 £25 Whisky Social - The Dalmore w/Daryl Haldane
- May 1st, 2019 £25 Whisky Social - Glenlivet w/Kirsty Thompson
- July 3rd, 2019 £25 Whisky Social - Aberlour Distillery w/Phil Huckle
- June 19th, 2005 £25 Whisky Social - Redbreast Irish Whiskey w/Joe Ballinger